Hk Carry Pistol - Posted by Matt E in Excel, Editorial, Guns, Gear, Other Gear & Tools, Handguns, Semi-Automatic by Matt E

The HK USP Compact holds a very special place in my heart. It was the first handgun I owned and for the first five years, I shot this gun. I think the first gun you own will always have a special place in your heart. The USP Compact was the first handgun I ever bought and learned how to shoot. Fortunately, I still own it today and still enjoy shooting rounds at the range.

Hk Carry Pistol

Hk Carry Pistol

I got my HK USP Compact in 2004 at Jay's Sporting Goods in Gaylord, Michigan for $848.99. Since this was my first handgun, I spent quite a bit of time between the HK, the SIG Sauer P229, and the Glock 19 Gen 2. I decided on the USP Compact based on how it felt in my hand and its basic ergonomics. Since I plan to conceal the gun and also shoot IDPA, I made do with a compact frame size.

Heckler & Koch Vp9 Match

Prior to purchasing my HK, I shot between 2,000 and 3,000 rounds of a Glock 17 Gen2 for my uncle. The Glock shot flawlessly the first few months I learned to shoot. I could have bought a Glock but wanted to try something different to see what I liked. I was still a teenager at the time and HK fit my hand better when it was still very manageable and light. Some things were different like the magazine release and DA/SA trigger, but with practice things got easier. Competing with the HK USP Compact is a bit unusual compared to the big guys running Smith & Wesson 686s and Kimber 1911s.

Despite being black sheep territory, USP has been shooting consistently well in every game I have attended. The biggest issue I have with the gun is the polymer trigger and the amount of flex it has. Since this was my first gun, I didn't notice a difference in the triggers until I switched. A few years after I purchased a HK, I decided to switch to a SIG Sauer P226. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, the HK USP trigger is by no means terrible. The USP features a straight-back recoil trigger that makes it easy to control for quick follow-up shots. I have learned over time to hit the HK mag release with the trigger finger to reload faster. After a while the USP was a great IDPA field gun but the .226 and other guns fit my needs a little better.

The overall design of the HK USP compact is 23 years old, so it cannot be considered new. Surprisingly, this compares well with the options on offer today. With a full magazine, the USP Compact is very balanced. The gun is easy to shoot and clean with a simple 4-part disassembly design. In terms of disassembly, the USP Compact is like any other modern handgun with simple disassembly and reassembly. The biggest thing I see as a downside to the USP is mainly efficiency. Standard flush-load magazines now hold 13 rounds, which is not a ton compared to the SIG P365 and Springfield Hellcat. Modern variants from HK such as the VP9 now have a higher capacity. At the time, it was generally a good concealed carry option.

Overall, if you've always wanted a USP compact, I'd say you should definitely get it. The mine is bulletproof and reliable with any type of ammo. I still carry my USP Compact a lot, though it's not the newest and greatest option. He may not have the ability or features of today's handguns, but he is a workhorse and one I still trust with my life. Let me know what you think of the USP Compact after 23 years on the market. Message me on Instagram @fridgeoperator if you have any questions about HK USP Combined Fees. Stay safe out there!

My Dreams Coming True? Upcoming Hk Slim/single Stack Carry Gun? Patents

I'm an avid shooter and would love to know if it's at my job or the shooting community. I'm just a regular Joe who really enjoys talking to others about guns and other hobbies.

Hk p30sk concealed carry holster, hk p30 concealed carry holster, hk vp9 concealed carry holster, best hk concealed carry, hk concealed carry, best concealed carry holster for hk vp9sk, hk p30 concealed carry, best concealed carry holster for hk vp9, hk vp40 concealed carry holster, best hk for concealed carry, hk vp9sk concealed carry holster, hk p2000 concealed carry holster